(A message only for potentially naughty clients...)
I can only imagine the furore if I turned up late for a workshop - or if I didn't deliver on time. I routinely turn up early, incur most expenditure in advance, and go the extra mile in advance. This professional courtesy is not necessarily contagious. Small businesses like mine can spend in excess of 42% of their time chasing up payments for work that has been delivered on time, to schedule, and evaluated very well. Suffice to say, that time could have been better spent offering support and excellent customer service instead - something I love to do!
Intellectual Property Rights
I've had a couple of naugthy clients pop their own Intellectual Property Rights claims and copyright notice on material I have written. I never assign Intellectual Property Rights over to any other individual or organisation... and neither does UK Law unless there is clear legal documentation that transfers the rights. This, I will never do. My ideas are my livelihood, so kindly don't put your copyright on my material.
Website Terms and Conditions
1. Agreement: By accessing this Web Site, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, please exit this Web Site.
2. All photographs and graphic design are the copyright of Lex Studios Ltd. The copyright in all content included in this website such as photographs, illustrations, text, software and databases is owned by either us or our content providers. No reproduction of anything on this website is licensed without the written concent of Lex Studios Ltd, as protected by "The copyright Designs and Patents act 1988"
3. Ownership: Unless otherwise indicated, this Web Site and its contents are the property of Lex Studios Ltd and/or its contributors ("OWNER") and are protected pursuant to copyright and trademark laws.
4. Authority to Download: You are authorised to download one copy of the free material on this Web-Site on one computer for your personal, non-commercial use only but you may not in so doing remove or amend any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notice. The same authority applies to paid-for materials on this site, once payment has cleared.
5. No other copying: Subject to the above, you may not modify, copy, distribute, republish or upload any of the material on this Website without the prior consentof OWNER in writing. No intellectual property or other rights shall be transferred to you.
6. Postings: To the extent that portions of this Web Site (such as "chat rooms" or "guestbooks" or "notice boards") provide users an opportunity to post and exchange information, ideas and opinions ("Postings"), BE ADVISED THAT OWNER DOES NOT SCREEN, EDIT, OR REVIEW POSTINGS PRIOR TO THEIR APPEARANCE ON THIS WEB SITE, and Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of OWNER. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, OWNER excludes all responsibility and liability for the Postings or for any losses or expenses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Site.
7. NO WARRANTIES: OWNER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, WHICH ARE PROVIDED FOR USE "AS IS." OWNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY. AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEB SITE AND ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. OWNER ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT. It is your responsibility to evaluate (or take professional advice on) the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on this Web Site or any Web Site with which it is linked. Price information is subject to change without notice. Your statutory rights as a consumer, if any, are not affect by these provisions, and owner does not seek to exclude or limit liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
8. Exclusion of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, OWNER on behalf of its employees, agents, suppliers, and contractors exclude liability for any losses and expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, even if OWNER has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web Site or any Web Site with which it is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
9. Law: You agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any controversy or claim of whatever nature arising out of or relating to use of this Web-site, and that the laws of England shall govern such controversy or claim.
10. Hyperlinks: Our site contains links to other sites of clients or contacts of ours which we believe may be useful and interesting. Such links, however, are not endorsements by us of any products or services supplied via or referred to in such sites and no information in such sites has been expressly or implicitly endorsed or approved by us. By using a link on our site you indicate your agreement that we shall be under no liability arising out of your use of such link.
11. Payment: We use PayPal to process your online payments for prints, publications and download products
12. Special Offers. Lex Studios Ltd reserves the right to stop any special offers without notice. Complimentary vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other special off and no refunds will be made.
If you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions of use, click here
Special Terms and Conditions only for Agencies,
Individuals and other 3rd Parties
Selling on Lex McKee's Business services
I'm a nice guy... but due to significant levels of abuse of my generosity by third parties and agencies who have employed Lex McKee's services over the years, new terms and conditions came into effect as of 13th March 2010.
- If you are a new 3rd party wanting to sell my services, I apologise for the tone of the following - the firmer tone has been necessitated by those who have come before you and have misled me about budgets, payment terms and other important matters that have then unnecessarily soured our business relationships. Better that we are transparent about agreements up front - then we can maintain a long and harmonious, professional, business relationship.
- Clients remain the 'client' of the third party ONLY if Lex McKee is paid in advance for his services. Any late payment invalidates the standard loyalties and the 3rd party will forfeit their right to the client exclusively. When selling on Lex McKee's services, the 3rd party becomes the client. As such, I expect you to pay regardless of when or whether the end user pays you. You will be bound by our agreed payment terms, which in these situations is payment in advance - you are buying my services and making a profit from them, so you can pay for my services before you sell them on just as in any other retail scenario.
- Transparency is tantamount: where Lex McKee is sold into a client by a 3rd Party, the 3rd Party will inform Lex McKee of the fee being charged to the client.
- Failure to pay any agreed sum by any agreed date triggers an administration fee of £42 ex vat per day until all sums (including the administration fees accrued) are settled in full.
New Payment Terms and Conditions as of 8 July 2011
The nature of our services means that a substantial amount of our work (save in the case of an ongoing coaching contract) is carried out in advance of any training delivery. The training day is the final deliverable.
As the “service” is finished at this point, I expect immediate cleared settlement of the invoice. Since this has not happened historically, I am now demanding final cleared settlement one week in advance of any delivery.
I do NOT give discounts any more than I would consider reducing the quality of the delivery!! Any assumed discount is merely an agreement to deferred payment. All clients will pay the full and appropriate amount for our services.
Payment after the agreed date will attract a 20% Administration fee, ie 20% of the total invoice inclusive of VAT. Email reminders of payment due past the agreed date shall be invoiced at £42 per email. Written reminders chasing payment shall be invoiced at £70 per letter.