The Accelerated Trainer Masterclass II
Create high-impact learning interventions using Accelerated Learning techniques
About this workshop
This is the full introduction workshop, not the abbreviated version that I delivered for Training Journal for years. It will give you enough time to really lay a solid foundation in training design and delivery.
Breathe new life into your learning design and delivery, and obtain fresh
inspiration and ideas for your training. This workshop takes a systematic and
thoroughly practical approach to building learning events and designing
materials using Accelerated Learning.
Learning effectively is one of our brain’s natural strengths - this programme
puts more joy back into the learning process. It’s all about learning
successfully - naturally!
You will come away with a greater knowledge and skill in being able to
design and deliver learning interventions that create greater impact, in less
time, with deeper development of long-term sustainable change in your
learners and organisation.
It's a faster, longer, deeper kind of magic
- Deliver key messages in a shorter time-frame, with greater impact - creating huge cost savings
- Absorb and apply a simple yet sophisticated systematic approach to Accelerated Learning design and delivery - giving consistent results
- Develop deeper, long-term sustainable change in your participants - education that really works
- Return to your daily design and delivery tasks with fresh inspiration and motivation - get excited again!
- Acquire a wide range of practical Accelerated Learning techniques - proven over more than 30 years of personal experience
- Increase your level of motivation to try new techniques and approaches to learning and development - after all, this is about you too...
09.00 Refreshments and Registration (breaks are taken every 45 minutes as part of the technique)
09.30 and then throughout the morning: Mindset and Mindsetting - getting ready to learn
- Preview of the Systematic Model
- WII-FM - your goals for applying the learning
- Brainwaves and emotional states
- Learning to focus
14.00 and then throughout the afternoon: Entrance - making sense of new material
- Formatting for all learning styles
- Framing for all learning types
- Brain Breaks
09.30 and up to first Tea Break: Switch Ownership - transferring ownership of the
- Multiple-Ways to make the learning intelligible
- Scenario-based learning
- Professional Development Game Plan
11.15-13.00 Store - making learning ‘sticky’
- 5 Core Principles
- Mnemonic Systems
13.45 Act - elevating confidence to the level of competence
- Belief systems and confidence
- The role of Gameshows
14.15 Go-Again - how to achieve permanent transformation
- Review - rhythms and music
- Rehearsal - proactive review
- Reflection - deepening the memory traces
15.00 Engage - creating future success
- Templates for success
- Future signs for action
- Why visioning works
- Designing for Success - your own project
- Feedback and evaluation
- What Next?
(*we say “Loose Agenda” because of the highly interactive nature of this workshop.
It is not uncommon to spend more time on “Mindset”. The programme content is
supported with 12 weeks’ worth of follow-up material – one email per week.)
This workshop is presented by Lex McKee, author of ‘The Accelerated Trainer’
and ‘7 Ways to Upgrade Your Brain’. Lex is CEO of Entertrainment Ltd and
its new iCademy, organisations specialising in applications of Accelerated
Learning. As a Producer, Lex also creates audio, graphic and video-based
materials to support the integration of Accelerated Learning.
“Lex took my training and development team through an accelerated
trainer’s course and the impact was immediate. Not only did it inspire and
enthuse the trainers, but they are also now getting fantastic feedback from
customers. Lex's techniques have resulted in comments from participants
such as 'the best course I have ever been on' , and departmental managers
have told me about the difference the training makes to their staff
compared to more 'traditional' courses. The accelerated learning techniques
mean that learning really sticks, and this in turn means better performance
back in the workplace.” Ron Skea, Dundee City Council